In – House Bridal Alterations
Our number-one piece of advice we give to all of our clients is to plan (and budget) for alterations. A lot of brides don’t realise that wedding gowns don’t fit like off-the-rack clothes do. Wedding gowns are built according to a size chart that doesn’t match up to a bride’s measurements perfectly. Alterations are required to nip and smooth them out to create a flawless, tailored look.
We’ve created the following fitting tips JUST FOR YOU! Due to their intricate structure and design, wedding dress alterations require special care and experts to handle the complexities involved. In order to achieve a perfect fit, it is important to maintain a consistent weight in-between fittings. Our RC team of experts are equipped and committed to providing the ultimate service of tailoring your gown.
1. Pricing varies based on the scope of alterations and we’ll always provide a quote at your first fitting.
2. Appointments are essential and we look forward to meeting and collaborating with you.
3. We kindly ask you limit your guests and recommend one or two trusted people.
5 to 6 weeks prior to wedding date. 1-hour appointment.
1. Remember to bring your wedding dress, shoes, the correct undergarments and hoop if you’re wearing one.
2. You will try on your gown and a specialist will explain the best alterations for an ideal fit.
3. We will provide you with an alterations quote.
4. We will also request a deposit if you’d like us to begin alterations before your second fitting.
7 to 10 days prior to wedding date. 1/2-hour appointment.
1. You will retry your gown and we’ll check that it fits perfect before taking it home
2. If further adjustments are required, our team is available to complete these while you wait.
3. Alternatively, we will arrange a follow up appointment.
4. Your final balance is due at pick up.
5. To have you ready for your big day every RC bridal alteration includes a professional press and steam of your gown and veil.