The story of Raffaele Ciuca began in 1954 when a young man, Mr Raffaele Ciuca arrived in Australia. Having just migrated from Italy, Raffaele started working as a tailor in Carlton. He worked long days and many evenings with the vision of one day opening his own store.
Raffaele's parents joined him in Australia in 1955 and they all worked together to enable this vision to become a reality. A year later in 1956, the first Raffaele Ciuca store was opened in St. Georges Road, North Fitzroy.
In 1962 Raffaele married Tina who enthusiastically joined her husband in the business. Over the years they worked hard to expand and in 1968 they introduced men's formal hire, bridesmaids and bridal wear to compliment their tailoring services.
Raffaele and Tina had two daughters, Patricia and Claudia. Both were exposed to the business from an early age and after completing their education they decided to join the family business.
In 1982 they opened a small store in Coburg which they outgrew in only a few short years. 1986 saw the opening of a much larger store in Sydney Road Brunswick. When this store opened it set a new standard of bridal showroom not seen before.
Raffaele Ciuca Bridal & Formal Wear continues to grow, today we have 3 great locations in Armadale, Brunswick and Fitzroy, also a Men's Clearance Store and an Alteration Department. Raffaele Ciuca Bridal & Formal Wear is celebrating over 50 years of service to the bridal industry specialising in quality and service.